OIL FREE Mathari is healthy tea time snack made without deep frying.
Recipe type: Namkeen
- 1 cup - Refined Flour (Maida)
- 2 tbsp - Cream
- tsp - Carom seeds (Ajwain)
- tsp - Black Pepper coarsely ground
- 2 tbsp - Curds
- Salt to taste
- Sieve flour, add everything accept water, mix well.
- Add little water and make hard dough.
- Let it set for some time.
- Roll out small puris.
- Prick with fork or knife to avoid puffing while baking them.
- Set oven on 205°C for 10 minutes on convection mode.
- Bake till golden brown.
These spices may be added to make mathari in different flavours. Dried Fenugeek Leaves (Kasuri Methi )Ginger and green chillies Garlic and green chilliesGreen Chillies and coriander You can replace green chilles with red chilly powder